If at any time you wish to disable our cookies or targeting technologies (as mentioned below) you may do so through the settings on your browser but if you do so you may not be able to use certain important features of our Website and service.
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded to your computer or other device when you access a website. Cookies are used for various functions such as allowing the website to recognize your device, monitor traffic to websites, and personalise sites to your interests or preferences, store information about your preferences and actions.
Cookies DO NOT give us access to your device, nor do they give us access to any data other than that which you have expressly chosen to share with us elsewhere in the Website. We use, without limitation, the following types of cookies;
- Session Cookies–These allow us to track your actions during a single browsing session, but they do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent Cookies – These remain on your device between sessions. We use them to authenticate you and to remember your preferences. We may also use them to balance the load on our servers and improve your MeasureMatch experience.
- Access - These cookies ensure that you have access to the relevant information on the site based on your geographical region and professional status.
- Personalisation - These cookies remember certain choices you may have made while using the website.
Tracking & Targeting Software
We utilise or anticipate utilising a variety of technologies which have a similar purpose to cookies namely to recognize you and your preferences, improve our Website's performance and collect analytical information for ourselves and our business partners.
We occasionally use pixel tracking. Pixel tracking entails that your visit to our Platform or a partner-website is registered in connection with our advertising campaign. Pixel tracking is anonymous and no personal data will be collected by the pixel. Only anonymised data regarding the navigation on our Platform or to and from our Platform to partner sites are registered for marketing statistical analysis or advertising purposes. The purpose of the tracking is to allow us to advertise to you through partner sites.
Device fingerprinting and related targeting technologies
These technologies include, without limitation, the following;
- technologies which enable us to log user devices (and their settings) at signup and login;
- technologies which enable us to link user device data to their profile;
- technologies which enable us to link various login methods to the same user account;
- technologies which enable us to log how the user interacts with the site and;
- technologies which enable us to log/database search queries
We may also in future use a variety of targeting technologies such as device fingerprinting but any such usage will be made clear and apparent on the website.
Part B: Privacy Statement
1. What Data we may collect
During the course of your use of the Website and/or Services we may collect or otherwise have access to your personal information (“Data”), including but not limited to the following:
- Residential and/or Business Address
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile and/or Landline/Fixed Phone Number
- Education History and Professional Qualifications
- Employment History
- A record of any correspondence between us
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
- Bank Account Information
2. How is the Data collected?
We receive and retain Data when you create a MeasureMatch Account on our Platform. The Data may also be collected from application forms, subscription forms and other transaction related forms or from cookies generated from the use of our Website.
3. Why do we need Data and what will we use the Data for?
- We need Data to optimize the MM Platform Services according to your specific needs and present the Platform content effectively to you. Specifically, we may use Data, without limitation, for the following purposes:
- Everyday Business Operations – These may include recordkeeping, processing your requests and transactions, informing you about products and services that you request or we think you may be interested in, providing you with customer services, maintaining your account on the Platform, allowing you to use our interactive services, informing you about our fees and charges, responding to legal or court orders, reporting to competent government agencies, etc.
- Marketing our Products & Services – We may use the contact information provided by you for marketing our similar products or services or those of our group of companies. Contact may be made by SMS text, post, telephone or e-mail subject to appropriate prior consents, where necessary. If at any point you decide that you DO NOT want us to use your information in this way, please let us know by contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will only use Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
- If we need to use Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
4. Sharing the Data
- Our business affiliates – We may share Data including, without limitation, information about your transactions and experiences and information about your creditworthiness with our affiliated companies for business purposes and for performance of our day-to-day business functions. You may not be able to limit this sharing of your Data as sharing may be required to provide you with services and perform day-to-day business operations.
- Our sub-contractors – We may share Data with third parties which may not be affiliated with us if such a third party is under contract with us to perform services on our behalf. You may not be able to limit this sharing of Data as this may be required to provide you with services and perform day-to-day business operations.
- Government Agencies & Law Enforcement Officials – We may be required to share Data with law enforcement officials and other authorities within jurisdiction or as part of any investigation pursuant a court order, injunction or in order of cooperation, as well as in other cases stipulated by applicable law. You may not be able to limit this sharing of Data because we have to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of Data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use Data for their own purposes and only permit them to process Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Unless we either have your express permission, or are required by law to do so, we will not sell, distribute or lease your Data to third parties.
5. Where do we store Data?
- We may transfer Data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA to fulfil your order and deal with payment.
- Whenever we transfer Data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
6. Retaining and deleting the Data
- To determine the appropriate retention period for Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of Data, the purposes for which we process Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
7. How do we protect your Data and keep it confidential?
- To protect Data from loss, unauthorised use or theft, we have put in place appropriate security measures. The security measures include physical security, electronic security and procedural safeguards. Our Website and App uses 256 bit SSL encryption technology in order to keep any Data transferred to and from we secure. If you are inactive when using the Platform or App for an extended length of time, you will be logged out automatically.
- In addition, access to Data is given only to authorised employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. What is your responsibility in keeping your Data safe?
- NEVER share your passwords, passcodes or any other login details with anyone else. DO NOT store passwords, passcodes or any other login details on your device.
- Feel free to inform us immediately at email@example.com if you lose your device, or if you believe someone else may know your login details so that we may lock your account and prevent any unauthorized access.
- DO NOT leave your device unattended while using the Platform or App. The App is designed for use on standard, unmodified devices; use of the App on a jailbroken or rooted device is entirely at the user’s own risk. We recommend that you keep your device up-to-date with the latest version of the operating system and the App available to you, together with any security patches as and when they are released.
9. Links to Third Party websites
- Our Platform may contain links to websites that we think you may find relevant or interesting. Upon using any third party links, you will leave our Portal, at which point we cease to have any control over the destination website. As such, though we will always strive to ensure that the links are useful, we can in no way be responsible for the protection and privacy of any Data you provide when visiting external sites.
10. Tracking & Targeting Software and Cookies
This website currently uses tracking tools such as Cookies to track visitor usage to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it.
- We may occasionally contact you via email or other forms of communication including without exception telephone, fax, meeting in person and post, to inform you about updates to the MM Platform Services, new features added or any other information which we may find relevant for you.
- If you do not wish to be contacted by us please:
- send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- log into the platform and adjust your communications preferences by checking or unchecking relevant boxes; or
- click the opt-out link that we present at the bottom of each of our email messages.
12. Your Content
- MM Platform Services may allow you to store or share information which may include, without limitation, your communications with others on the Platform, feedbacks you have submitted on or via the Platform, files including audio, video, digital works and documents that you upload on the Platform, materials that you receive from other users, the work which you do for a project (collectively “Your Content”). We do not claim ownership of Your Content. Your Content remains yours and you are responsible for it.
- You understand that other users may be able to use Your Content without compensating you. You represent and warrant that you have (and will have) all the rights necessary for Your Content that is uploaded, stored, or shared on or through the MM Platform Services and that the collection, use, and retention of Your Content will not violate any law or rights of others. MeasureMatch cannot be held responsible for Your Content or the material others upload, store or share using the Services. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any of Your Content from our Platform which we find unsuitable.
- For us to be able to provide you and other users with MM Platform Services, to protect you and MM Platform Services and to improve MM Platform Services you agree to grant MeasureMatch Ltd. a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, fully paid, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, and irrevocable intellectual property license to use Your Content.
- We may use Your Content, without limitation, to make copies of, retain, transmit, reformat, display, and distribute via communication tools Your Content on MM Platform Services. We may also use Your Content marketing, advertising and promotion of MM Platform Services. We do not use what you say in email, chat, video calls or voice mail, or your documents, photos or other personal files to target advertising to you.
13. Your legal rights
1. Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Data:
a) The right to access to your Data
You can request a copy of the Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
b) The right to rectification of your Data
If you believe that any of the information we hold about you to be incomplete or inaccurate, please either make the necessary amendments via the Platform or App or contact us via email.
c) The right to erasure of your Data
You can ask us to erase your Data where:
- you consider there is no good reason for us continuing to process your Data; or
- you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Data to comply with local law.
However, note that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
d) The right to object to processing of your Data
You can object to our processing of your Data where we are processing your Data for direct marketing purposes. To this end, choose NOT to subscribe to our newsletter, which is our central route for marketing messages, and you can choose to opt out of transactional email, some of which might contain marketing messages. You will have the option of changing your preference at any time.
You can also object to our processing of your Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest but there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. Note that, in some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
e) The right to restrict processing of your Data
You can ask us to suspend the processing of your Data in the following scenarios:
- if you want to establish the Data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the Data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the Data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your Data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
f) The right to Data portability
You can request the transfer of your Data to you or to a third party, to the extend that the legal basis for our processing is consent or that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party, and that such processing is carried out by automated means.
We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
g) The right to withdraw your consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Data.
However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
2. Contact. If you wish to exercise any of the rights above, please either use the Platform or App where possible or contact us via email at email@example.com.
3. No fee usually required. You will not have to pay a fee to access your Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
4. Verification of your information. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that your Data is not disclosed to any person who has no rights to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
5. Time limit to respond. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your Data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.